Now usually I would say delivery of a ‘CV’ or resume within the context of a Blog isn’t appropriate, but if you are here trying to evaluate my qualifications as a potential expert in the field of Project and Program Management, this is one way to provide you a bit of my background. Of course, there is a great deal more on my LinkedIn profile which you are free to peruse at:
Over twenty years experience designing and delivering business solutions as a Program Executive and Project Manager. Significant experience developing and managing contractor relationships, Service Level Agreements, and Governance Plans resulting in important performance improvements over program life-cycles.
A diverse background including the development of Project Management Office solutions, with custom designed methodologies, standards and tools.
- Broad program and project management knowledge with ERP focus. Business perspective developed based on years of experience in a variety of industries. Strong communication, planning, change management, risk management and leadership skills as a result of 10 plus years of management and project management experience.
- Decisive, results-driven management style through application of a solid management structure and organizational accountability. Consistent record of success in the critical assessment and motivation of departments and teams.
- Business-oriented perspective with the ability to identify/quantify risks and opportunities and to drive process improvements. Record of success in project management, business process improvement, project metrics, cost/risk management and budget management.
- Successful in the development and management of productive relationships executives, and cross-functional team members.
Organizational Development & Leadership * Strategic Planning * Financial Planning / Analysis * Budgeting & Cost Management * Training & Team Building * Complex Project Management & Direction * Business Case Development * International Team Leadership * Requirements Management * Issue & Risk Management * Contract Negotiation and Management * Project Quality Assurance Management
- Twenty years of solution delivery including 10+ years as a hands on Project / Program Manager
- 10+ successful full project life-cycle deployments, including greenfields, conversion of legacy and upgrades
- Experienced in project audit and turn-around
- 7 successful PMO design and deployments in variety of organizational cultures, including international solutions deployment
- International experience includes both Asia Pacific and Europe
- Diverse operational leadership roles in industry primarily focused in financial management over 10 years
Industries Served Over the Years
* Public Sector, including;
- Federal – Defense
- Manufacturing, Defense
- Manufacturing, High-Tech
- Manufacturing, Chemical
- Airlines and Railroads, MRO included
Program Management Office and Center of Excellence Samples
Designed Application Management and PMO solution together with the conversion path from the distributed environment to Global AMO/PMO to include shared support services. Program included review of all current applications and support contracts, opportunities for retirement of single source/use applications, review of available Application Management software offerings, staffing models, three (3) year resource demand plan based upon current projects and support requirements, and five (5) year application roadmap based on business strategy.
Developed comprehensive methodology for Program portfolio management. Project included end-to-end process for project definition, evaluation, Return on Investment assessment and project selection, solution assessment and execution models. Project resulted in more efficient project selection process and reduced in the number of redundant projects within the organization. Additionally, the portfolio management methodology resulted in better visibility across the organization in resource use and scarce resource management. Portfolio Management solution was based upon enhanced PM methodologies and included the introduction of tools to support new solution approach.
Independently designed, developed and implemented a collaborative Project Management / Knowledge Management and information sharing system using Lotus Notes technology. Solution based upon industry best practices in Project Management methodologies and provided for shared project team interaction, as well as, risk assessment and mitigation tools, financial reporting, project plan management, schedule integration, Resource management, Issue Management and project documentation management. Tool remained a standard for delivery and management of all consulting projects within a leading international ERP practice for several years.
Program Development and Management Samples
Designed and delivered international Project Management and Team Solutions Delivery training for international consulting organization based upon best practices and agreed to methodologies for consulting solutions. Training delivered in US, Europe, and SE Asia as project based and non-project based requirement for consulting organizations globally.
Developed several project quality initiatives for clients and employers. Project quality focused on managing and tracking schedule performance, deliverable quality and end-use satisfaction validation. The framework of the quality projects was based upon SEI Maturity Models and included both project execution maturity and project management maturity.